We have high expectations about behaviour and conduct in our academy. Good behaviour promotes good learning.
We believe that young people learn best when they are clear about what is expected of them and are clear about what they are supposed to do. Having a consistent approach throughout the academy means that children are fully aware of what is expected.
The entire academy community – children, staff, parents and visitors – is expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Code of Conduct
Whilst at Old Trafford Community Academy we…
- Look smart, think smart, act smart
- Show we care for our school and everyone in it
- Show respect to each other, even if we disagree
- Help keep each other healthy, safe and happy
- Always look for solutions instead of problems
Our behaviour policy details our approach in each of the following areas:
- Creating an emotionally-literate school
- The curriculum/pedagogy
- Ensuring our expectations are clear
- Encouraging and recognising desired behaviours
- Responding to undesired behaviours
- Providing effective support for children who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH)
- Providing effective support for staff
A copy of the academy’s behaviour policy is available by clicking on the link below:
In rare instances, children may be excluded from the academy as a result of their behaviour. A copy of the Focus Trust exclusions policy is available by clicking on the link below: