Arrangements for collective worship:
- Four days a week, assemblies are usually conducted separately for FS/KS1 and KS2. These focus on the shared values of the academy and include celebrations of festivals from the major religions represented in the academy.
- These are led by members of the academy staff.
- Visitors from different faith groups are occasionally invited to contribute to these assemblies, under the guidance of staff.
- One day a week we have faith-based assemblies. We run parallel Christian and Muslim assemblies, with a phase-based alternative for children of other/no religions. All these are led by members of staff.
- These arrangements have been in place for many years, through determinations, and in response to requests from parents.
- There is a programme for these assemblies, which cover shared issues, with a faith-specific perspective. This programme is developed, monitored and reviewed by the academy leadership team.
- All assemblies are consistent with the ethos of the academy, and with British Values.
- As a safeguarding measure, Christian assembly is attended by some non-Christian staff, and Muslim assembly is attended by some non-Muslim staff.
- All assemblies are conducted in English.
- No child is currently withdrawn from collective worship, as parents are happy with our current arrangements.
- Our arrangements for collective worship are discussed with all parents when their child enrols at the academy.
- Our arrangements for collective worship are also on our website.