Admission to the Academy
The Academy has an agreed Admission Policy which complies with the law on admissions. Admissions to Old Trafford Community Academy are managed by Trafford Local Authority. Details of the application process can be found at www.trafford.gov.uk – follow the links to school admissions.
Where the number of applications exceeds the number of places available, the following over-subscription criteria will apply:
- A ‘looked after child’ or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence, or special guardianship order. A looked after child is a child who is (a) in the care of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions (see the definition in section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989).
- Children who live in the catchment area of the academy who will have a sibling attending the academy at the time of the applicant’s proposed admission. (This includes half/step/adopted/foster brothers or sisters, and any other children who are living at the same address as part of the same family unit).
- Children who live in the catchment area of the academy.
- Children who live outside the catchment area of the academy, with a sibling attending the academy at the time of the applicant’s proposed admission. (This includes half/step/adopted/foster brothers or sisters, and any other children who are living at the same address as part of the same family unit).
- Children who live nearest to the academy, calculated in a direct straight line from the child’s permanent place of residence to the school, using property co-ordinates provided through a combination of the Trafford Local Land and Property Gazatteer (BS7666) and Royal Mail Postal Address Information. In the case of a child living in a block of flats, the distance will be measured in the same way.
Admission to the reception class in September 2018
If your child is a Trafford resident born between 1/9/13 and 31/8/14, and you wish to apply for a school place, you must submit your application to Trafford. Applications can be submitted from the beginning of the 2017 autumn term. You can apply online 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The closing date for applications for 2018 is 15th January 2018. Decisions regarding the allocation of places for September 2018 will be published online and/or posted to parents on 16th April 2018. Applications received after the closing deadline of 15/1/18 will only be considered after all other applications received on time have been processed.
If your child is resident in another Local Authority you can still apply for Trafford schools, but you must apply to your own home Local Authority, that is the authority where you pay Council Tax.
Admissions appeals, September 2017
Click the link below for the timetable for appeals against admissions decisions relating to September 2017.
Applications must be made to Trafford local authority. Applications can be made at any time. Admissions will be determined using the over-subscription criteria listed above.
Applications must be made direct to the academy. Please contact us for an application form. Please note that allocation of a nursery place does not give a child any additional priority when applying for a place in the reception class of the academy.